New Classifications for CW/CE      VIEW DETAILS

What to do if you lose your job

Again, when you are a member of Local 520, the Union is your source for jobs. If you get laid off or terminated for any reason, the IBEW will provide you with your next job. Follow these steps to move on with your career:

1. Sign the Out-of-Work List

Remember, job requests that come in go to the members who have been out of work the longest first. The way we track who is first in line is by their number on the out-of-work list. The first thing you should do, before you even cash your last paycheck, is to go to the Union Hall and let us know you are available.

2. File for Unemployment

If you are laid off because your project came to an end, you are eligible for Unemployment. You can file here:

Texas Workforce Commission

If you are a Union Member, you do not have to do a job search to maintain Unemployment! The Texas Workforce Commission assumes that we are doing that for you. 

3. See “How Do I Get a Job?” on the Previous Page

Come to the Hall to sign in between 6:30 and 7 a.m. Promptly at 7 a.m., the Dispatcher will begin to assign jobs.

4. If there are no jobs available on the jobs page, there are still opportunities to work.

IBEW 520 Organizing Department